Luca Lampis acquired his Classical Guitar degree at the G. Frescobaldi
Conservatory of Ferrara in Italy under the guidance of renowned classical guitarist Stefano Cardi.
While he was studying for his diploma he won three competitions of the conservatory and participated numerous masterclasses of Stefano Viola, David Russell, Paul Galbraith, Massimo Lonardi, Mark Ashford, Walter Zanetti, Xuefei Yang, and Paolo Pegoraro. Pegoraro also was his mentor in the Guitar Academie F. Tarrega in Pordenone, Italy (now called Segovia Guitar Academy).
He finishes his specialization in the conservatory with a thesis about the lute operas and the interpretation of Johann Sebastian Bach’s Suite MWV 995 gaining the highest possible grades.
After his diploma, he receives international scholarships from the University of Santiago de Compostela (Spain) and the Real Conservatory of Birmingham (GB).
His academic career is followed by several concerts and tours like for example the 2nd Latin Guitar Fest of Chicago (USA) in 2012.
Luca Lampis continues his career by teaching in the International Conservatory of Jerusalem and publishes his first solo album for classical guitar “D’Improvviso” in 2015. It is an innovative approach to contemporary free guitar improvisations.
In 2017 he returns to the USA to teach in different Universities, like the University of Kentucky (USA) or the House of Blues in Chicago (USA).
Contemporarily he works as a lecturer for the Conservatory B. Maderna of Cesena (Italy) and teaches classical guitar in different schools in Italy. From 2016 to 2018 Luca occupies the position of artistic director (music sector) of the International Festival of Contemporary Art AR[t]CEVIA.
Electric and Acoustic Guitar
Simultaneously to his career in the classical world Luca Lampis also follows his passion of the electric and acoustic guitar and attends several seminars and workshops of Gianni De Chellis, William Stravato, Brett Garsed, Stefano Squarzina, Marco Zuccarini, and Trevor Lines. He is selected for a national workshop of the Italian Government to support young promising musicians.
Luca Lampis is the founder and main composer of the alternative progressive metal band Nefesh with whom he published four studio albums and attends tours in different European countries.
- Nefesh – Nefesh 2005 (testi, musica, chitarra elettrica – acustica – classica e coproduzione)
- Nefesh – Shades and Lights 2011 (testi, musica, chitarra elettrica – acustica – classica e coproduzione)
- Nefesh – Contaminations 2014 (testi, musica, chitarra elettrica – acustica – classica e coproduzione)
- Nefesh – Panta Rei 2018 (testi, musica, chitarra elettrica – acustica – classica e coproduzione)
- Nefesh Acoustic Duo – Modern Lieder (2020)
Producing and Compositions
In the last years Luca starts profounding his passion for composing musical scores and original soundtracks. He succesfully composes the original score for the documentary film THE ZONE – A Post Atomic Journey, winner of three categories in the 2018 International Film Festical of Cinqueterre (Italy) and selected for the Uranium Film Festival in Brasil 2019.
In 2018/2019 he creates the theatrical soundtrack of the play Equus by Peter Shaffer put in act innovatively by director Davide Giovagnetti, finalist of the Theatral Festival Materie di Prodigi of Forli (Italy)
Since 2015 Luca works with the Italian guitar factory and distributor Eko Music Group and Eko Guitars where he frequently tests and officially presents guitars distributed in Italy like Esteve & manuel Adalid or the Eko CS & Vibra series.
In 2019 he is asked to take part in the jury of the First International Mario Gangi Guitar Prize with other renowned artists like Massimo Delle Cese, Alessandro Minci or Nazzareno Zacconi.
- Conservatory B. Maderna of Cesena (Italy) – Istituto Musicale Arcangelo Corelli (guitar)
- Istituto Musicale Federico Marini di Falconara Marittima (Italy) (guitar)
- Middle schoolmusicale G. Pascoli di Pianello Vallesina (Italy) (guitar)
- International Conservatory of Jerusalem (Israel) (guitar, guitar orchester)
- Musical High School C. Rinaldini di Ancona (Italy) (guitar)
- Musical Middle School G. Leopardi di Ancona (Italy) (guitar and guitar ensemble)
- International Private School Smiling Service of Ferrara (Italy) (guitar, music theory)
- Summer C.A.M.P. 2015
- Second Latin American Guitar Festival of Chicago (USA) (concert guitarist and lecturer)
- Musical Middle School G. Ferraris Falconara Marittima (Italy) (guitar)